How to Order an Official Transcript:
The quickest and most convenient way to send a transcript is online over the Internet. Please view the ordering options below:
Transcript Ordering Options:
Option 1: INTERNET REQUEST (NEW!)
The Peralta Community College District has retained Credentials Inc. to accept transcript orders over the Internet through their secured site. There are many advantages to ordering online and it makes the process easier for both the student and staff. TranscriptsPlus® will facilitate your request 24 hours per day, 365 days per year for a minimal service charge. Please click below to enter your order:
Click here to check the status of your transcript request. (Or call (847) 716-3005)
Option 2: IN PERSON
Feel free to fill out the Transcript Request Form (which can be done electronically) in advance and take it in person to any Admissions & Records Office on campus to have an official transcript sent.
Note: The student must be present and their photo identification is required to order transcripts in person.
Option 3: MAIL REQUESTS
Complete the Transcript Request Form (which can be done electronically), print, sign and mail to:
Peralta District Admissions & Records
ATTN: Transcript Request
333 East 8th Street
Oakland, CA 94606
The first two transcripts (lifetime) a student orders are FREE (the $2.00 Service Charge is required); thereafter the following fees are applied:
Regular Delivery: $6.00 per copy (includes $4.00 per transcript plus $2.00 handling charge) – mailed within 7-10 business days).
Rush Delivery: $12.00 per copy (includes $10,00 per transcript plus $2.00 handling charge) – mailed with 3-5 business days).
*Pick-Up Processing: $12.00 per copy (includes $10.00 per transcript plus $2.00 handling charge) – students pick up transcripts at the District A&R office in 2 business days.
Free Transcripts: Student’s first two transcripts requested are free. (NOTE: The $2.00 handling charge applies to all free transcripts)
*NOTE: Rush transcripts held for pick-up will be held for a maximum of 30 days. If they are not picked up within the 30 days following the printing of the transcript, they will be destroyed and will not be refunded. A new order and applicable fee(s) will be required.
- Grades are posted to transcripts approximately 2-3 weeks after each semester.
- Students are expected to clear all financial obligations due to the college(s) and any other transcript “holds” before transcripts are mailed.
- Transcript requests should be made well in advance of the time when the record will be needed.
- Same day transcripts are not available.
- Official transcripts will include all coursework completed at Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Laney College and Merritt College.
- Official transcripts will also include Work-In-Progress (currently enrolled classes).
- Allow up to 20 days for prior ’70 processing (there is not rush for prior ’70 records).
- In accordance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, records may not be released to a third party without the written, signed authorization of the student.
- Student must be present and picture I.D. is required to order and pick up transcripts in person.
- Unofficial transcripts are available on the Student Center Page in the Passport Student Administration System. If a student does not have an account and has not attended the Peralta Colleges in the past year they will need to submit a new online application to have access to their unofficial transcript. Click here for instructions on how to log into the Passport system.
Advantages to Ordering Transcripts Online:
Eliminate the need to come to the college to make a request
Eliminate the delay created when submitting a written request by mail
Authorize and process your credit card payment
Facilitate the authorization to release student records as required by law
Provide e-mail communication while your order is being processed
Provide operator assistance Monday -Thursday 7am -7pm (CST) & Fridays 7 a.m. – 5 p.m. (CST), by calling (847) 716-3005 (THIS NUMBER IS FOR TRANSCRIPT ORDERS ONLY. Please contact Admissions & Records at (510) 466-7387 for all other matters.)
Allow you to submit your request any time day or night
Confirmation email is sent when transcript order is complete.
If you are uncomfortable placing an order over the Internet, you can call Credentials Inc. at (847) 716-3005 to place your transcript request. There is an additional operator surcharge for placing orders over the telephone.
Filed under: Admissions & Records Forms