Image: Scenes from around campus

Petition for Course Repetition Due to a Substandard Grade

15 February 2015

>>Click here for the Course Repetition Due to Substandard Grade Form

You may repeat any course in which you received a grade of D, F, FW, NP, IP, NC or W, on your transcript. Students may repeat the course twice [enroll a maximum of three times] to alleviate a substandard grade, or complete a course in which a “W” was received. The highest grade and units will be counted for transcript purposes. You should be advised that this is a procedure of the Peralta Community College District and MAY NOT reflect procedures of four-year institutions.

State regulations restrict the number of courses that you can repeat for credit, and the number of times that you can repeat them.  The college and the district comply with the state Title 5 regulations on course repeatability.

  • You may repeat a course two (2) times in an effort to alleviate substandard academic work (D, F, FW, NP, or NC) or received a “W”.  
  • You may only repeat an activity course a maximum of three (3) times.  Activity courses include Physical Education, Theater (performance), Dance, fine arts/studio arts, music (performance), etc.



Filed under: Admissions & Records Forms

  • Admissions & Records

    Monday 24 October 2016
    Powered by Wordpress

  • Peralta Community College District

    The district comprises four campuses serving northern Alameda County.
  • Oakland Weather