STEP 1 – Apply for Admission
1. Go to www.peralta.edu
2. Click the Apply + Enroll link.
3. Click the Apply for Admissions link.
4. Follow the CCCApply instructions to complete and submit your online application.
New students will receive an email from Peralta Admissions to the email address listed on your application with instructions on how to log into the Passport Student Center.
STEP 2 – Matriculation (If you have been notified that you are an Exempt student, proceed to Step 3.)
The Student Success Program requirements may be necessary for some students before enrolling in classes.
1. Assessment – Assessment in English or English as a Second Language (ESL) and mathematics will be used by counseling faculty to help you choose your classes
2. Orientation – You will attend an orientation program designed to familiarize you with the college and its services.
3. Counseling and Advisement – See a counselor to help you to develop an educational plan and select appropriate courses based on your objectives and assessment evaluation. (Please bring non Peralta transcripts and assessment test results to your counseling appointment.)
STEP 3 – Register for Classes
1. Go to the Schedule of Classes and identify courses you want to take.
2. Check the College Catalog or meet with a counselor to ensure you have met the prerequisites for your desired courses.
3. Go to the PASSPORT Student Administration System.
4. Click the link that says “Click here to retrieve your User Id and Password” and follow the instructions to obtain your user ID and password.
5. Proceed to log into the PASSPORT Student Administration System and click “Sign In”.
6. After you have logged in, click the “Student Center” link.
7. Under “Enrollment Dates”, verify your enrollment appointment time. You may enroll for classes on or after this date and time.
8. Click the “Add a Class” link and follow the instructions.
9. Pay your fees by clicking “Make a payment.”
PLEASE NOTE: Any student who enrolls before the beginning of the term must submit tuition payment no later than two (2) weeks before the beginning of the term. Failure to do so will result in classes being dropped. Any student who adds after this deadline is required to pay tuition fees immediately or a hold WILL be placed on the student’s account and the debt will be sent to collections.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are unable to log into the Passport System.
High School Students
1. Complete STEPS 1 above.
2. Complete a High School Concurrent Enrollment Form – The form must include classes recommended by your high school counselor.
3. Submit your form and enroll in classes at the Admissions & Records Office on campus.
Note: High School students can only add classes in person at the Admissions & Records Office on campus. HS Students are allowed to drop and view personal information online in their PASSPORT Student Center Page.
1. Complete STEP 1 above.
2. Go to the Office of International Affairs located at 333 East 8th St. in Oakland, CA to complete and submit the International Application Form.
3. Pay your $50 application fee and additional tuition fees at the Office of International Affairs.
4. Form I-20 will be issued to you (For transfer students: Form I-20 will be issued to you upon SEVIS release from previous school).
5. Complete Matriculation: International Student Orientation and Assessment.
6. Complete Counseling and Advisement.
7. You can register in person on or anytime after the New Student Open Enrollment Date.
8. Complete STEP 3 (above) to access your PASSPORT Student Page.
9. To pay your fees online on the PASSPORT Student Page under “Finances” click “Make a payment.”
Note: Please contact the Office of International Affairs at (510) 587-7834 if you are unable to log-in.