Fees and Tuition
The following fees are due two weeks prior the first day of class. If a course is added after the first day of class, payment is due at the time of enrollment. Past due fees will result in a bursar hold which will prevent additional enrollment, official transcript requests and diplomas.
- California Community College Enrollment Fee – $ 46 per semester unit (all students)
- Campus Center Use Fee – $ 2 per semester, per campus (all students)
- AC Transit EasyPass Fee – $36 per semester ( all students enrolled in 9 or more units)*
*** Effective Fall 2015, the AC Transit fee will be increased to $41.00 .
- Health Fee – $18 per semester for Fall and Spring Semesters, $15 for the Summer term (all students)
- Effective Fall 2014 – Non-Resident Tuition – $215 per semester unit (non-resident students only)
The Peralta Community College District participates in the State of California Chancellor’s Office Tax Offset Program (COTOP). Past due accounts may be submitted to COTOP by the Peralta Community College District. This enables the State of California Franchise Tax Board to appropriately intercept any tax refunds, lottery winnings or unclaimed property that might be owed to you.
Daily parking – $2.00 a day (exact change only) plus (new policy) student decal for enrolled/registered students.
Semester parking can be purchased for $40.00 ($10.00 for a motorcycle permit) and $20.00 for summer session permit ($5.00 for a motorcycle permit).
CA Community College Enrollment Fee
All students are required to pay a California Community College Enrollment Fee. This fee will be collected at the time of enrollment into classes and shall be $ 46 per semester unit.
High school students admitted on a part- time basis upon recommendation of their principal are exempt from paying the enrollment fee, but all other fees apply.
Campus Center Use Fee:
In addition to the California Community College Enrollment Fee, there will be a Campus Center Use Fee of $2 per semester, per campus (excluding off campus locations), to be collected at the time of enrollment.
AC Transit EasyPass Fee:
Proposition A, which was passed in the May 2009 student elections, requires all Peralta students carrying nine or more units to pay an AC Transit EasyPass bus pass fee of $36, thereby making them eligible to receive an AC Transit EasyPass bus pass. With EasyPass you can ride all AC Transit bus lines, including local and Transbay service, at all times.
Please note: This fee is non refundable unless you drop below nine (9) units on or before the last day to drop full-term credit classes and receive a refund. See deadline dates in the Academic Calendar.
All students are required to pay the Student Health fee of $18.00 per semester for Fall and Spring semesters ($15.00 for Summer session). The Health fee is subject to change as allowed by the State Legislature. NOTE: Students who qualify in the following categories will be exempted from payment of the health fee:
- Students who depend exclusively upon prayer for healing in accordance with the teachings of a bona fide religious sect, denomination, or organization (documentation required).
- Students who are attending college under an approved apprenticeship training program.
***This fee is non-refundable.