Image: Scenes from around campus

High School Students

In accordance with California Education Code regulations, high school students entering 10th grade or above may enroll as special part-time students. Enrollment must be recommended by their principal, with parental consent. Units earned are for college credit. It is the high school’s prerogative to grant high school credit for courses taken from the Peralta Colleges.

Note: Special part-time high school students are exempted from paying the California Community College Enrollment Fee, but all other fees apply. Full-time (enrolled in 11.5 or more units) concurrently enrolled high school students are subject to the California Community College enrollment fees and all other fees.

Age Limit:  Students entering the 10th grade or higher are eligible. Any exceptions to this grade level requirement will require approval from the Vice President or Dean of Student Services on campus.

The student must follow all the regulations and policies of the college, including adhering to any pre/co-requisite requirements. An English, ESL and/or math assessment (placement test) is required if the college course prerequisite has not been completed. A high school student whose high school counselor recommends that the student enroll in more than 6.5 units must have the approval of the college Vice President of Student Services and provide a high school transcript.


Steps for High School Concurrent Enrollment

STEP 1 – Complete Peralta Application Process:
  1. Complete the Peralta Application.  Once the application is completed please print or write down the confirmation number of the application.
  2. Schedule an English, ESL and/or math assessment (placement test) if the college pre/co- requisite course has not been completed.   Assessment results will be used by counseling faculty to help you choose your classes.  (Contact the Assessment Office on campus for schedule information.)
STEP 2 – High School Concurrent Enrollment Form:
  1. Complete a High School Concurrent Enrollment form, (You must fill out a separate form for each semester you wish to attend.)
  2. The form must include classes recommended by your high school counselor.
  3. Submit your form and enroll in person at the Admissions & Records Office on campus.
STEP 3 – Activate your Passport Student Center Page:
  1. Go to
  2. Click the “Activate/Reset My Account” link.
  3. Enter the requested information in the pop-up window.
  4. Use the User ID and Password you are given in the log-in box.
  5. Click the “Student Center” link.
  6. High school students are only allowed to drop classes and view personal information online in their PASSPORT Student Center Page(To drop a class, click the “Drop a Class” link and follow the instructions.)
  7. High school students can only enroll in classes in person at the Admissions & Records Office on campus.

  • Admissions & Records

    Friday 29 May 2015
    Powered by Wordpress

  • Peralta Community College District

    The district comprises four campuses serving northern Alameda County.