High School Students
In accordance with California Education Code regulations and the Peralta High School Special Enrollment Program, high school students entering 11th grade or above may enroll as special part-time students. Enrollment must be recommended by their principal, with parental consent. Units earned are for college credit. It is the high school’s prerogative to grant high school credit for courses taken from the Peralta Colleges.
Students enrolled in the Peralta High School Special Enrollment Program are exempted from paying the California Community College Enrollment Fee, but all other fees apply. Full-time (enrolled in 11.5 or more units) concurrently enrolled high school students are subject to the California Community College enrollment fees and all other fees.
Age Limit: Students entering the 11th grade or higher are eligible. Any exceptions to this grade level requirement will require approval from the Vice President or Dean of Student Services on campus.
The student must follow all the regulations and policies of the college, including adhering to any pre/co-requisite requirements. An English, ESL and/or math assessment (placement test) is required if the college course prerequisite has not been completed. A high school student whose high school counselor recommends that the student enroll in more than 6.5 units must have the approval of the college Vice President of Student Services and provide a high school transcript.
Steps for High School Special Enrollment Program:
|STEP 1 – Peralta Application Process:|
- Complete the Peralta Admissions Application. Once the application is completed please print or write down the confirmation number of the application.
- Schedule an English, ESL and/or math assessment (placement test) only if the college pre/co- requisite course has not been completed. Assessment results will be used by counseling faculty to help you choose your classes. (Contact the Assessment Office on campus for schedule information.)
|STEP 2 – High School Special Enrollment Program Form:|
- Complete a High School Special Enrollment Program form, (You must fill out a separate form for each semester you wish to attend.)
- The form must include classes recommended by your high school counselor.
- To enroll, submit the form in person at the Admissions & Records Office on campus.
|STEP 3 – Passport Student Center Page Activation:|
- Go to passport.peralta.edu
- Click the “Forgot password?” link and select “I don’t know my User ID”.
- Enter the requested information in the pop-up window.
- Use the User ID and Password you are given in the log-in box.
- Click the “Student Center” link.
- High school students are only allowed to drop classes and view personal information online in their PASSPORT Student Center Page. (To drop a class, click the “Drop a Class” link and follow the instructions.)
- High school students can only enroll in classes in person at the Admissions & Records Office on campus.