Elementary & Middle School Students
The Elementary and Middle School Special Enrollment provides enrichment opportunities for elementary and middle school students who can benefit from college level instruction.
The Peralta Community College District (PCCD) may admit a limited number of elementary and middle school students who have exceptional ability, or who desire specialized or advanced training. Such admission must be with the recommendation of the principal and approval of the parent or guardian. Please note that not all four Peralta Colleges offer this program, therefore contact/visit the Admissions and Records Office on campus prior completing the Admissions application and the Elementary and Middle School Special Enrollment form.
Elementary and middle school students enrolling in a college level course must meet assessment requirements. The student must follow all the regulations and policies of the college, including adhering to any prerequisite requirements.
Special part-time enrolled elementary/middle school students are exempt from paying the California Community College enrollment fees and all other fees. Elementary and middle school students may not enroll in more than 1 class per semester except during the summer term.
*Elementary and middle school students admitted to the Peralta Community College District earn actualcollege credits which may affect their financial aid eligibility in future semesters.
All college coursework is governed by the Family Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which allows release of academic information, including grades, to the student only- regardless of age. Academic information is not released to parents or third parties without the consent of the student.
- By entering a college environment, students who are minors will be exposed to a diverse population in educational programs designed for the adult learner that may involve sensitive topics that might be considered controversial or offensive in the secondary school setting.
- If a class does not meet at its scheduled time (i.e. cancelled class or ends early), the PCCD does not inform parents or guardians nor will staff or the instructor assume responsibility for students once class is released.
|Steps for the Elementary and Middle School Special Enrollment:|
Please note that not all four Peralta Colleges offer this program, therefore, contact/visit the Admissions and Records Office on campus prior completing the Admissions application and the Elementary and Middle School Special Enrollment form.
- Complete the admissions application for the Peralta Community College District.
- Complete and take the Elementary and Middle School Special Enrollment form the school’s Principal to obtain his/her signature.
- Submit the completed admissions application and the Elementary and Middle School Special Enrollment form to the Admissions & Records office.
- You must fill out a separate form for each semester.