Benefits & Medical Information Home
Peralta Benefits Everyone
Download your personal copy of the latest Peralta Benefits Everyone – Benefits of Belonging, June 23, 2016
Inside this issue you will find information about:
- Upcoming your personal Fiscal Fitness Lunch and Learns – July 12 and 13
- Peralta Gives Campaign -Pledge now-visit the Peralta Foundation website to make your pledge http://web.peralta.edu/foundation/
- Enjoy the Broadway Play, The Gathering @ the Live Oak Theatre, receive a 20% discount http://www.liveoaktheater.org/event/c9ab7dee2e6d9eeef1422cfe4d447de5; use promocode: Peralta
- Benefits of union membership & other information on discounts available through your affiliation with Peralta
- New health & wellness self-service tools through our new benefits consultant, Alliant Insurance Services: http://web.peralta.edu/benefits/alliant/
- Upcoming deadline June 30, 2016 – Submit your Kaiser Prescription Reimbursement Form for processing (link to form is at the bottom of this page).
- Join us for the Peralta Day at Waterworld-buy your tickets by July 6, bring your family and friends. The event is open to all.
Peralta Summer Fun Day
Purchase tickets now online at web.peralta.edu/foundation/pccdbenefits/
Click here (or the image below) to print a Waterworld Fundraiser Flier registration form.
Open Enrollment 2016
Peralta Benefits Everyone, Wellness Begins With You!
Peralta Community College District benefits are designed to meet the changing needs of your life.
We are pleased to announce that there will be no plan design changes to our benefit plans. Even though our plans remain the same,
you may have different needs than last year.
View the 2016-2017 Peralta CCD Benefits Guide for plan information and resources; rates are noted on pages 22 and 23.
FAQ 7: Can I buy additional life insurance through the District to supplement District-paid insurance without a statement of health?
Current District-paid insurance provides 150% of your annual salary to a maximum of $100k
Now is the time to consider increasing your voluntary life insurance through CIGNA (Click here to download the Cigna open enrollment flyer)
Voluntary Term Life Insurance (Forms & Documents)
- VOLUNTARY TERM LIFE AND VOLUNTARY ACCIDENTAL DEATH AND DISMEMBERMENT (AD&D) INSURANCE OVERVIEW
- Cigna Group Life Insurance Certificate
- Cigna Group Policy VTL-003249 (Policy effective date: July 1, 1996)
- Amendment (July 1, 2006)
- Amendment (September 1, 2012)
- Amendment (July 1, 2014)
- Cigna Life Insurance Change Form Application
- Cigna New Enrollment Application
- New Cigna rates effective 7 1 2016
Whether or not you are currently covered, you can increase or enroll in coverage amounts according to guarantee issue plan provisions in our policy Amendment (July 1, 2014) during open enrollment.
FAQ 6: Even though I may not make plan changes now, when can I make them later?
If you missed the annual Open Enrollment window, you retain the opportunity to change enrollment in benefit plans affected by life event changes, which qualify as an official change in status by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Examples of some qualifying events include but are not limited to the following:
- Change in marital status
- Change in number of dependents
- Change in employment status of the employee’s spouse or employee’s dependent
- Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirements
FAQ 5: What is the Benefits Fair schedule? Who is coming?
Come to 2016 open enrollment benefits fair-We have invited the following guests to field your questions
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Delta Dental
- United Health Care (dental and vision)
- Managed Health Care Network, provider of Employee Assistance Services
- ZUK Financial Planning Services
- CIGNA (Voluntary Life Insurance)
- Other invited guests for voluntary benefits: Colonial, Pre-paid Legal, & JFK University
Click here for the schedule
FAQ 4: How do I make changes to medical and/or dental plan enrollment-How do I switch plans? By when?
- If you are making plan changes, take action by May 31, 2016.
- Go to www.benefitbridge.com/peralta
- Access the Enrollment via the Make Changes to My Enrollment button
- Need Help? Contact BenefitBridge Support: 800.814.1862; Mon.-Fri., 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (PST)
- Download the Universal Benefit Enrollment Form and return it to the Benefits Office by May 31, 2016.
FAQ 3: What do I do if am satisfied with my current enrollment. Do I have to take any action? Do I have to do anything? What if I do nothing?
- If you are not making any enrollment changes congratulations – you’re done with Open Enrollment! No action is necessary to continue your current benefit choices. Come to the Fair anyway.
FAQ 2: What’s new for this open enrollment:
- Read our Open Enrollment Announcement Open Enrollment Announcement 2016
- See our Open Enrollment 2016 Video
- Read and review the 2016-2017 Peralta CCD Benefits Guide
- Click here to review Rates
- Review enrollment/make changes on BenefitBridge link to enrollment instructions
- Ben IQ Mobile apps (Meet Ben IQ) for information on the go
FAQ 1: Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity for full-time and contract benefit-eligible employees to review existing benefit elections. Use this opportunity to:
- Review your benefit options
- Change your benefit elections
- Add/Drop dependents
- All changes will be effective July 1, 2016
During Open Enrollment, you are reviewing and selecting your benefits for July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017. After Open Enrollment ends, you cannot change your benefit elections until the next Open Enrollment in 2017, unless you have a “qualified status change” like a change in your marital status or the birth of a baby or loss of coverage. If you are not making any enrollment changes congratulations – you’re done with Open Enrollment! No action is necessary to continue your current benefit choices.