Benefits & Medical Information Home
Where can I find current benefits information, downloads, links and resources?
For 24-hour access to benefit resources and
Save the Date!
Saturday, June 29, 2013
Second Annual Open Enrollment* and Benefit Information Forum For Active and Retired Employees
The Peralta District Benefits Office is proud to host our Second Annual Open Enrollment & Benefit Information Forum. Based on feedback from employees and retirees, we are including the following topics in this year’s forum:
- Premium rate development and District contributions to medical costs for active employees, retirees and survivors
- the District’s partnership with the expanded Anthem Blue Cross network
- the Affordable Care Act and more!
This forum will be held:Peralta District Office-District Board Room 333 East 8th Street 11:45am– 12:45pm
As in the past, active employees and retirees are welcome to attend. We invite you to send your questions in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your participation!
Please download and review the announcement with references & resources below prior to the forum:
*Open enrollment begins on May 1, 2013 and ends on May 31, 2013. Changes received by the deadline will be processed for an effective date of July 1, 2013. Open enrollment is the annual opportunity for eligible employees and retirees to:
- add a dependent not currently enrolled as a dependent on your group insurance plan with Peralta
change or enroll in a medical and/or dental plan (For example, you can change from our PPO Lite to our PPO Traditional Plan or Kaiser during the open enrollment window)
If you are currently enrolled as a contract or benefit-eligible employee and do nothing, then your enrollment will continue into the next fiscal year automatically! Part time hourly faculty open enrollment for Fall 2013 coverage will begin on Monday, August 12 and end on Monday, September 16, 2013.
Please see the Spring 2013 Open Enrollment Announcement below for further details.
PREVIOUS NEWSLETTERS & RECENT UPDATES
PERALTA BENEFITS – EVERYONE Spring 2013 Open Enrollment Announcement (mailed 4/24/13)
2013 -2014 Employee and Employer Contribution Rates
Pages 20 -24 contain information of particular interest to our retirees
- Pre and Post retirement checklist, page 24.
- Important Reference Numbers
- Benefit Comparisions for Peralta group medical and dental plans
Announcement of new partnership with Blue CrossHealth and Wellness with Sutter Health Services-Complimentary Health Screenings
Retirees-Please share your email address with us!
District Picnic 2013
Group insurance Benefit Rate Matrix 2013-2014
- Tax Deferred Plan Updates 2013
- Health Care Reform and W-2′s
- Increase in pre-tax Commuting Plan monthly contributions up to $240/month
- Review health and welfare benefit offerings
- Access customer service resources
- View medical and dental plan comparisons
- Employee and Employer Contribution Rates
- Download Holiday Calendar
- Section 125 – Flexible Benefit Plan Handbook 2013
- Online enrollment instructions included in this document
- Plan benefits, eligibility criteria are also noted within the Handbook
- Change of 403(b) & 457 Plan Administrative Services
- January & February Workshops
- Medicare Enrollment for Peralta Retirees
Tax-deferred 403(b) & 457 Plan Administrative Changes-
2013 Calendar year contribution limits to each plan, the 403(b) and the 457 plan are have increased to $17,500. Other limits may apply. Check with your financial planner or tax consultant for limits appropriate to your circumstances.
MidAmerica is the tax-deferred plan administrator for the tax-deferred plan employee contributions since 2011 and has launched a new website for your use.
You are encouraged to use this website to get current information on:
vendor choices (where do you want to invest?)
- forms routing (where do you send your salary reduction agreement forms for processing?)
- acquiring signatures on your transactions (how do you obtain a district signature on loan and/or distribution forms?)
(Effective December 1, 2011, MidAmerica Administrative & Retirement Solutions, Inc. (MidAmerica) became our third-party administrator for the Peralta tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 plans. Voluntary deferrals, distribution, loan, transfer & exchange approvals are now being handled through MidAmerica.)
Salary Reduction Agreements (SRA’s) to affect a change to your enrollment in either the 403(b) or 457 Plan are due by the end of the month to effect the following month’s tax deferrals. So, to effect the January 31, payroll. Salary Reduction Agreement Forms are due to MidAmerica by December 31, 2011. Routing instructions are on the SRA form.
- Distribution/loan requests and rollover forms requiring District authorization should now be directed to MidAmerica with the Transaction Routing Form noted below:
- 403(b) & 457 Transaction Routing Form
- US Mail: 211 Main Street , Suite 100, Lakeland, Florida 33801
- Fax: 877 513 2272
- Phone: 866 873 4240
- Weblink: www.midamerica.biz
- Contact your personal financial planner or tax advisor for counselling or you may also contact ZUK Financial Services at (800) 660-6291 extension 105.
- MidAmerica is the current vendor of the Accumulation Program for Part Time and Limited Sercvice Employees (APPLE) Plan. For concerns regarding the APPLE contributions, contact MidAmerica at 800 430 7999.