Benefits & Medical Information Home
Where can I find current benefits information, downloads, links and resources?
Start here on this site for important benefits information updated frequently. For 24-hour access to additional benefit resources such as detailed benefits plan summaries and more, please visit the links below for Active or Retired employees:
Recent Newsletters and Updates
Open enrollment for part-time hourly faculty will begin on Monday, February 1, 2015 and end on Monday, March 2, 2015 for coverage March 1 – August 2015.
- New for this open enrollment period: Online medical and dental plan enrollment-no more paper forms! Click here to enroll through the secure website www.benefitbridge.com/peralta.
- Click here to download your personal copy of the Spring 2015 Open Enrollment Announcement for Part Time Hourly Faculty (mail date 1/30/15)
- Customer Service Telephone Numbers
- New 403(b)Plan and 457(b) Plan Contribution Plan Limits for 2015
- Teachers Pension returns to provide Dinner Seminar January 15, 2015 to assist with financial planning: Click Here to Register Online
This newly designed program features ‘Unisex Rates’, and simplified underwriting. Premium discounts are back for employees and family members! The Spring 2014 Employee and Retiree Survey responses indicate that there is interest in exploring long-term care benefits again! Learn about your options. Reserve your personal appointment. It is as easy as 1-2-3! Call to make an appointment for yourself and your spouse/partner. Call toll free 866-710-2893 x118 or go to http://www.schedulicity.com/scheduling/RSCGG2 to schedule a personal consultation appointment! Open enrollment ends November 15.
Tax-deferred 403(b) & 457 Plan – 2014 Updates
- Peralta CCD 403b Plan Document (8-13-2014)
- Peralta CCD 457 Plan Highlights (8-13-2014)
- Peralta CCD 457 Plan Document (8-25-2014)
2015 Calendar year contribution limits to each plan, the 403(b) and the 457(b) plan are have increased to $18,000. Other limits may apply. Check with your financial planner or tax consultant for limits appropriate to your circumstances.
MidAmerica is the tax-deferred plan administrator for the tax-deferred plan employee contributions since 2011 and has launched a new website for your use.
You are encouraged to use this website to get current information on:
vendor choices (where do you want to invest?)
- forms routing (where do you send your salary reduction agreement forms for processing?)
- acquiring signatures on your transactions (how do you obtain a district signature on loan and/or distribution forms?)
(Effective December 1, 2011, MidAmerica Administrative & Retirement Solutions, Inc. (MidAmerica) became our third-party administrator for the Peralta tax-deferred 403(b) and 457 plans. Voluntary deferrals, distribution, loan, transfer & exchange approvals are now being handled through MidAmerica.)
Salary Reduction Agreements (SRA’s) to affect a change to your enrollment in either the 403(b) or 457 Plan are due by the end of the month to effect the following month’s tax deferrals. So, to effect the January 31, payroll. Salary Reduction Agreement Forms are due to MidAmerica by December 31, 2011. Routing instructions are on the SRA form.
- Distribution/loan requests and rollover forms requiring District authorization should now be directed to Mid America with the Transaction Routing Form noted below:
- 403(b) & 457 Transaction Routing Form
- US Mail: 402 South Kentucky Avenue, Suite 500; Lakeland, FL 33801
- Fax: 877 513 2272
- Phone: 866 873 4240
- Weblink: www.midamerica.biz
- Contact your personal financial planner or tax advisor for counselling or you may also contact ZUK Financial Services at (800) 660-6291 extension 105.
- MidAmerica is the current vendor of the Accumulation Program for-Part Time and Limited-Service Employees (APPLE) Plan. For concerns regarding the APPLE contributions, contact MidAmerica at 800 430 7999.