Benefits & Medical Information Home
Peralta Community College District
Open Enrollment 2016
Peralta Benefits Everyone, Wellness Begins With You!
Peralta Community College District benefits are designed to meet the changing needs of your life.
We are pleased to announce that there will be no plan design changes to our benefit plans. Even though our plans remain the same,
you may have different needs than last year.
View the 2016-2017 Peralta CCD Benefits Guide for plan information and resources; rates are noted on pages 22 and 23.
FAQ 1: Open Enrollment is your once-a-year opportunity for full-time and contract benefit-eligible employees to review existing benefit elections. Use this opportunity to:
- Review your benefit options
- Change your benefit elections
- Add/Drop dependents
- All changes will be effective July 1, 2016
During Open Enrollment, you are reviewing and selecting your benefits for July 1, 2016 – June 30, 2017. After Open Enrollment ends, you cannot change your benefit elections until the next Open Enrollment in 2017, unless you have a “qualified status change” like a change in your marital status or the birth of a baby or loss of coverage. If you are not making any enrollment changes congratulations – you’re done with Open Enrollment! No action is necessary to continue your current benefit choices.
FAQ 2: What’s new for this open enrollment:
- Read our Open Enrollment Announcement Open Enrollment Announcement 2016
- See our Open Enrollment 2016 Video
- Read and review the 2016-2017 Benefits Guide (under development)
- Review Rates (under development)
- Review enrollment/Make Changes on Benefit Bridge and link to enrollment instructions
- Ben IQ Mobile apps (Meet Ben IQ) for information on the go
FAQ 3: What do I do if am satisfied with my current enrollment. Do I have to take any action? Do I have to do anything? What if I do nothing?
- If you are not making any enrollment changes congratulations – you’re done with Open Enrollment! No action is necessary to continue your current benefit choices. Come to the Fair anyway.
FAQ 4: How do I make changes to medical and/or dental plan enrollment-How do I switch plans? By when?
- If you are making plan changes, take action by May 31, 2016.
- Go to www.benefitbridge.com/peralta
- Access the Enrollment via the Make Changes to My Enrollment button
- Need Help? Contact BenefitBridge Support: 800.814.1862; Mon.-Fri., 8:00 am – 5:00 pm (PST)
- Download the Universal Benefit Enrollment Form and return it to the Benefits Office by May 31, 2016.
FAQ 5: What is the Benefits Fair schedule? Who is coming?
Come to 2016 open enrollment benefits fair-We have invited the following guests to field your questions
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Delta Dental
- United Health Care (dental and vision)
- Managed Health Care Network, provider of Employee Assistance Services
- ZUK Financial Planning Services
- CIGNA (Voluntary Life Insurance)
- Other invited guests for voluntary benefits: Colonial, Pre-paid Legal, & JFK University
Click here for the schedule
FAQ 6: Even though I may not make plan changes now, when can I make them later?
If you missed the annual Open Enrollment window, you retain the opportunity to change enrollment in benefit plans affected by life event changes, which qualify as an official change in status by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS). Examples of some qualifying events include but are not limited to the following:
- Change in marital status
- Change in number of dependents
- Change in employment status of the employee’s spouse or employee’s dependent
- Dependent satisfies or ceases to satisfy eligibility requirements
March 2016 – June 2016’s New Employee Benefit Orientation and Retirement Schedule