This site provides resources for Peralta Community College faculty members in regards to teaching online and using Moodle.
Please use the left sidebar which contains subpages and information relating to Peralta’s Distance Education Program, Moodle, along with other resources.
Also, if you are a current adjunct or tenured faculty member for any of the Peralta Colleges and would like to teach online or get more information regarding your online course(s) you may also contact your campus’ Distance Education Coordinator:
- Berkeley City College: Linda McAllister
- College of Alameda: Ed Loretto
- Laney College: Ann Buchalter
- Merritt College: Alexis Alexander
Instructional technology training:
- Educational Technology Classes and Program at Merritt (Alexis Alexander) http://www.merritt.edu/wp/edt/
(from their Merritt website) Students will learn universal design of online course materials, effective organization and delivery of online materials, teaching and learning styles, effective online communication using discussion boards, live chat, online forums, blogs, and wikis. They will also learn best practices for online student assessment and grading, retention and motivation of online students.
- @one project http://www.onefortraining.org/
(from their @one website) The @ONE Project makes it easy for California Community College faculty and staff to learn about technology that will enhance student learning and success. @ONE’s programs provide training and online resources for free – or at a very low cost – thanks to funding from the California Community College Chancellor’s Office Telecommunication and Technology Infrastructure Program (TTIP).
- Contact your DE Coordinator
- Faculty Moodle Tutorials: http://eberkeley.org/resources/course/view.php?id=13