Award Year 2013-2014
2013-2014 Award Year
To be considered for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the renewal application at www.fafsa.gov. These applications are available beginning in January for the following academic year.
Students interested in the Cal-Grant must apply by the March 2 or Sept. 2 deadline. The FAFSA and a GPA verification form must be completed. Additional information and eligibility requirements are available at www.calgrants.org.
Completion of the FAFSA with all required documentation submitted give eligible students priority in the awarding of Federal Work Study and Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants. Priority for these programs is based on submission date.
The information reported on the FAFSA may be verified by the Financial Aid Office using parent’s and/or the student’s Internal Revenue Service’s tax transcript. Students must be able to provide a copy of their Social Security Card, Alien Registration Card (if applicable), and Photo ID for identification purposes.
- Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) apply by April 1, 2013 *
- Federal Work Student (FWS) apply by April 1, 2013 *
- Cal Grant Competitive and Entitlement apply by March 2, 2013 or Cal Grant Competitive only apply by September 2, 2013
- Pell Grant and Direct Loans – These funds are not limited. Students can apply at any time through the Spring term of the award year. The absolute deadline for filing a FAFSA for Pell Grant for the 2013-2014 award year is June 30, 2014.
* SEOG and FWS funds are limited and vary by college. If funds remain after awarding students who have met those deadlines of April 1, 2013, the colleges will continue to make awards on a first-come, first-serve basis.
NOTE: For applications to be processed in a timely manner for the Fall 2013-2014 term, all required documents must be submitted to the Financial Aid Office by June 30, 2013.