Attention Financial Aid Students!!!
The Peralta Community College District has partnered with HigherOne, Inc., a financial services company, to implement a new method of Financial Aid disbursement to the campuses.
Upon receiving your PeraltaCard, you can activate card in three simple steps:
- Visit the website www.PeraltaCard.com
- Set up – Enter your card number to get started.
- Choose the refund option that is best for you. (PeraltaCard, Direct Deposit, By Check)
Students will have 3 choices to receive their disbursement:
- PeraltaCard – One Account: Same-day deposits to students’ HigherOne accounts (Debit Card)
- Direct deposits to another bank account (i.e. Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Credit Union, etc…) (refunds available in 2-3 business days)
- By check, which would be mailed to their home (refunds available in 5-7 business days).
If no option has been selected, you will automatically receive a paper check in the mail 21 days from your disbursement date
**If you have trouble activating or selecting your refund preference please contact:
HigherOne Customer Care – 1-877-405-8672
UPDATE YOUR MAILING AND EMAIL ADDRESS
The new PeraltaCard will be mailed to each student’s current address on file with Peralta Community College District. It is critical that all students update their mailing address.
Higher One Customer Care:
•Phone Number: 1-877-405-8672
•Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. EST.
•Automated Services Line: Available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Higher One ATM Locations
- College of Alameda – F building right next to the Cyber Café.
- Berkeley City College – 5th floor in the Student Lounge.
- Laney College – Student center in the dining hall.
- Merritt College – R building next to Admission and Records and Financial Aid entrance.
Students will be able to withdraw money from these ATM Machines without a fee (If students withdraw money from any other ATM or outside bank, they will be charged $2.50 per transaction)
Please note: There is also a $20 replacement fee for lost cards.