Peralta Community College District has partnered with Bank Mobile, a financial services company focused solely on higher education, to offer faster delivery of refunds to students. Bank Mobile will help bring this method for receiving refunds via the Peralta Card Debit MasterCard®. The Peralta Card will be your key to faster refunds and increased choice for receiving your Financial Aid or school refunds, including the preferred Easy Refundsm method. Easy Refund is by far the fastest and easiest way to gain access to your refund money—literally the same day Peralta CCD releases it. With this service on the way to campus, it’s natural that you may have some questions. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions about the all-new Peralta Card and this new refund process.
1. How are refunds from Peralta Community College District delivered to students?
Refunds are delivered via the option selected when activating the Peralta Card. Activate your refund preference and make your refund selection online by visiting PeraltaCard.com. Once your refund preference is selected, funds are sent from Peralta CCD to BankMobile who then disburses the refunds according to your selection. If you want the fastest access to your money, simply choose to have your refunds deposited directly into your OneAccount—a fully functioning FDIC Insured checking account. (Please note: In order to receive a refund, you must SELECT YOUR REFUND PREFERENCE as soon as your card arrives in the mail.)
2. How do I get my Peralta Card?
Peralta Community College District students will receive a Peralta Card from Bank Mobile in the mail at their primary address on file with Peralta CCD.
3. I don’t think I will ever get a refund. Why is it important to select a refund preference?
Although you might not currently expect a refund from Peralta Community College District, we may have a refund for
you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be cancelled or you may simply receive a
scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your preferred method to receive refunds from Peralta
CCD ensures you’ll always receive your refunds in a timely manner.
4. What if I already selected a refund preference?
Even if you’re already receiving a refund from Peralta Community College District, you are required to activate your refund preference as soon as you receive your card! It only takes a minute to activate your refund preference with Peralta CCD and Bank Mobile to avoid any delays in getting your refund.
5. What are my options for receiving Financial Aid or other refunds?
• Easy RefundSM deposit to the OneAccount, a no monthly fee checking account (refunds available the day Peralta CCD releases them to BankMobile).
• Transfer to another account (ACH) (refunds available in 2-3 business days).
• Receive a paper check (refunds available in 5-7 business days).
6. What exactly is the BankMobile Account?
The BankMobile Account is a fully functioning FDIC Insured checking account with no minimum balance and no monthly fees. Selecting the BankMobile Account allows you to access your refunds quicker and easier than ever before and offers a world of great benefits such as:
• FREE Internet banking features
• The ability to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard is accepted.
• You may also withdraw cash with no fees at BankMobile ATMs located on or around campus.
7. What are the advantages of having my refunds deposited directly to my OneAccount?
• Depositing your refund to the BankMobile Account and selecting an Easy Refund is the quickest way to gain access to your refund money.
• The Peralta Card is NOT A CREDIT CARD. However you can use it for purchases at all participating merchants that accept Debit MasterCard, get cash at ATMs, pay bills and more.
• Parents and friends can easily send you money online with a simple email and a linked bank account.
8. How will I know when my Financial Aid or other refund has been direct deposited to my BankMobile Account?
BankMobile will send an email to the address you entered during activation when your refund has been deposited to your BankMobile Account. Additionally, you can view the details of your BankMobile Account by accessing your statement online at PeraltaCard.com or by signing up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with Mobile Alerts.
9. Can I have my refund deposited to another bank account?
Yes. You may have your refund deposited to the bank of your choice. In order to have your refund deposited to your bank, activate your refund preference as soon as you receive the card by visiting PeraltaCard.com. During the activation process, select ACH Transfer to other bank for your refund preference and simply complete, print, and send the required third party form to the designated address. The form will be available online during the activation process.
10. Why is the MasterCard Brand Mark on my new Peralta Card?
The Peralta Card can be used to make purchases wherever Debit MasterCard is accepted. It is important to note that the Peralta Card is NOT A CREDIT CARD, but rather a DEBIT CARD backed by the purchasing power of the MasterCard network.
11. Will financial aid disbursements pay for my bus pass or any fees charged to me?
Yes it will pay off any of your current award year fees. If you are eligible for a financial aid disbursement, funds will be automatically used to pay off current year tuition and fees and you will receive the entire net amount you are eligible for in your BankMobile account.
12. What if I have additional questions?
Answers to additional questions along with an activation demo can be found by visiting PeraltaCard.com, or stopping by to learn more today. Additionally, BankMobile offers easy answers to your questions with Easy HelpSM–our self service database containing answers to frequently asked questions.