Mental Health Services
Below is a list of general guidelines and Mental Health Services offered by the Peralta Colleges. You can find the list of all services by each campus on the Campus Health Services and Fees page.
General Guidelines for Services at the Peralta Colleges:
- If a student is already seeing a mental health provider, we will encourage them to continue with the same provider. If an urgent issue arises, then the Peralta Wellness Center mental health counselor can see the student.
- The mental health counselor works collaboratively with the Peralta Wellness Center staff.
- You can meet with a therapist to discuss issues including but not limited to:
- Difficult feelings (sadness, stress, anger, depression)
- Grief and loss
- Post-crisis follow up/crisis consultation
- Worrying or feeling anxious constantly
- Frequent loss of temper
- Relationship issues
- Trouble eating, sleeping or concentrating
- Dealing with unpleasant memories
- Worries about drug/alcohol use
- Mental health services provided:
- Short-term therapy
- Establishing treatment goals
- Discharge planning
- Availability for Peralta faculty and staff consultation regarding student concerns
http://www.ulifeline.org/get_help_now Online resource for college mental health & suicide prevention – has a “self E-valuator”