Welcome to the Peralta International Student Health Insurance Program
All international students will be automatically enrolled in the Peralta Health Insurance Program through provider GeoBlue.
Upon enrollment, you will find an “International Student Health Insurance Fee” among your other fees for tuition such as AC Transit, campus use fee, etc.
Now that health insurance is a requirement for all students, please contact your insurance provider to cancel your current plan. Make sure the final date of coverage is no later than 12/31/2016 to prevent double coverage.
The current fee is $114.50 per month, totaling $572.50 for the fall semester, $801.50 for the spring /summer session, and $229 for the summer session (new students only).
If you need a letter of support from our office to cancel your current health insurance coverage and request a refund, we will gladly assist you. Please contact Matthew Jones at email@example.com for a support letter.
Health Insurance ID Cards
Your ID card will be sent by GeoBlue to your Peralta email.
Once you receive your ID card, go to www.geobluestudents.com or click the green arrow below. Then, click on “Health Insurance”. Sign in using the Certificate Number on your ID card to access information and tools regarding your plan.
If you have not received your ID card yet and you need to access benefits or online information, please contact Ascension at (800) 537-1777.
- On the right-hand side, under “Resource Center”, under “Find a provider” click ” U.S. Providers
- Choose your network: BlueCard PPO Basic
- Enter your address, ZIP code, or city and state under “Located near” and then select the number of miles you would be willing to travel to the doctor’s office
- Click “GO”
- View your health insurance benefits.
- Login to your Peralta International Student Health Insurance Portal Here
Frequently Asked Questions:
Health Insurance Fee Waiver (Must submit by the first day of classes to be eligible)
- Students who receive health insurance from their US resident spouse or US resident parents.
- Students who receive government sponsored health insurance.
- Students who receive health insurance from their place of employment in the US.
- Students who receive health insurance from their Non US resident spouse/parents, who are legally residing in the U.S.
- Students participating in OPT
The deadline to complete the Health Insurance Fee Waiver will correspond with the last day to drop regular session classes and receive a refund. Please confirm with Academic Calendar. Refunds will only be provided to students with approved Health Insurance Fee Waivers.