Hi CoA Community,
The purpose of the COA reflection and prayer room is to serve as an open and safe space for students to engage in reflection, meditation and prayers. We believe this room connects with our college’s mission to serve the educational needs of our diverse community by providing comprehensive and flexible programs and resources that empower students to achieve their goals. This room is located in the Student Center (F Building), F122 near the elevator. Please share this with all students.
In addition to the reflection & prayer room, students have asked for more space for prayer so we are opening F-107 in the Student Center from Monday – Thursday, 12:00noon – 2:00pm to accommodate the increase of students desiring to pray.
Please abide by these reflection room agreements to uphold the integrity of this room.
- Open to everyone – During operating hours, the room is dedicated for individuals and groups wishing to engage in structured or unstructured reflection, meditation and prayers.
- Clean up after you’re done. Do not vandalize.
- Please respect others’ beliefs and relaxation time. Do not disturb others.
- Be considerate. The room may be used on a first-come, first-served basis. Different individuals and groups may occupy the room at the same time. Without imposing any time limits, we ask that individuals using the room be sensitive to the concerns and needs of others who may also wish to use the room. The primary criterion for using the room is mutual respect and consideration.
- This space is not intended as a study space. Please use other areas of the college campus.
Fong Tran, MS, BSW
College of Alameda
Director of Student Activities and Campus Life