- Save file as a PDF with student name, college and term. Example: Jon Doe – BCC Spring 2016
- Must have Adobe: Download here: http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- Documents and Forms Page contains the additional forms:
- Credit Card Payment Form
- Dependent Information Form
- Medical Examination Form
- Transfer- In Form (Certification-of-F-1-Student-Status)
Deadlines to Apply:
|Semester (Dates)||Overseas||Transfers (Already in U.S. on F-1 Visa)|
|Spring (January-May)||November 1||January 1|
|Summer (June-July)||April 1||June 1|
|Fall (August-December)||June 1||August 1|
Late applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. You are encouraged to apply early to ensure class enrollment. Change of Status applicant deadlines determined case-by-case.
HOW TO APPLY
1 – By Mail
Submit a completed International Student Application Form along with required documents (See Application Checklist on Page 2 of Application) to the following address:
Peralta Community College District
Office of International Education
333 East 8th Street
Oakland, CA 94606 USA
2 – By Email
Send completed International Student Application Form, along with required documents to email@example.com
3 – By Fax
Please print and complete our International Student Application Form. Fax the application and required documents to (510) 465-3257.
Do you have questions? Please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (510) 466-7380.
STEP 1 – Submit the following documents to the Office of International Education (By mail, email or fax)
- International Student Application Form (with completed Applicant Signature)
- $50USD non-refundable application fee by check, money order or credit card
- Credit Card Payment Form
- Make check/money order payable to “Peralta Community College District“
- Official Transcripts (Translated into English)
- Copy of Diploma (from High School or secondary school) (Translated to English)
- Personal Essay (1 page)
- Financial Documents: Financial Support Declaration and Bank Statement (minimum $19,700) (Note: Bank letters are not accepted)
- Health Documents: Student Statement of Health and Medical Examination (with Physician’s signature)
- International Student Agreement Form
- Copy of Passport Bio Page
- TOEFL, IELTS, or iTEP (optional)
- Transfer Students only: Transfer-In Form & copies of all related immigration documents (Form I-20), passport biography and visa page
STEP 2 – PRELIMINARY ACCEPTANCE
You will be contacted within approximately 2 weeks confirming the status of your application as being either preliminarily accepted or incomplete. If the application is incomplete, you will be requested to submit the missing/incomplete documents.
STEP 3 – CCCAPPLY APPLICATION
Go to web.peralta.edu/enrollment and click on “New Students” to create a student account.
STEP 4 – SUBMIT STUDENT ID NUMBER TO OFFICE OF INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION
After you have completed the CCCAPPLY application, you will receive an automated email with your Student ID number. You must submit your Student ID number to the Office of International Education in order for your application to be officially accepted.
STEP 5 – OFFICIAL LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE/FORM I-20 ISSUED
Upon submitting your Student ID number to the Office of International Education, we will provide you with an official letter of acceptance and your Form I-20.
For transfer students: A Form I-20 will be issued to you after your previous school releases your records in SEVIS and you have enrolled in the minimum number of units required for your starting semester (12 units for Spring and Fall)
STEP 6 – ORIENTATION AND ASSESSMENT (ESL/ENGLISH & MATH)
Upon arrival you are required to attend the international student orientation and complete Assessment tests. Once you have completed the assessment test, you will need to meet with a counselor to select your first semester classes. The assessment test schedules can be found in the class schedules.
STEP 7 – REGISTER FOR CLASSES
Go to the PASSPORT Student Administration System and activate your student account to view your enrollment dates and register for classes.
STEP 8 – PAY TUITION AND OTHER FEES
Pay tuition and other fees for first semester ($3,236 for 12 units) at the Office of International Education (credit card, personal check made to PCCD, money order or wire transfer), Campus Cashier’s office or online by logging into your student account (credit card only). All tuition and enrollment fees will be due when you register for classes. All future tuition payments will need to be made at the campus cashier’s office or through your online Student Center.
Application Fee – $50
SEVIS I-901 Fee – $200
Non-Resident Tuition – $230.00 per semester unit
California Community College Enrollment Fee – $46.00 per semester unit
Capital Outlay Fee – $6.00 per unit; not to exceed $144 in an academic year
Total per unit = $282
International Health Insurance Fee – $1,375 per year
AC Transit EasyPass Fee – $38.00 per semester
Health Fee – $18 per semester for Fall and Spring Semesters, $15 for the Summer term (all students)
Campus Center Use Fee – $2.00 per semester, per campus
Student Representation Fee – $2.00 per semester
Total Tuition and Fees:
- 24 units (12 per semester) over 1 academic year = $8,263
- 30 units (15 per semester) over 1 academic year = $9,955
- 36 units (18 per semester) over 1 academic year = $11,647
- 60 units (15 per semester) over 2 academic years= $18,415
PCCD Payment Policy: Students must pay all applicable fees no later than two (2) weeks before the beginning of the term. Failure to do so will result in classes being dropped. Students who add classes after this deadline are required to pay their fees immediately or a hold will be placed on the student’s account.