Coming to the United States to pursue academic studies is a serious decision for all of our students. Therefore, we want to help you prepare for your studies. It is important to communicate your exact academic goal to the consulate officer during your two-to-three minute F1 visa interview.
In recent years, we have noticed that a higher number of prospective students have been denied an F1 international student visa. However, the opposite is true for those who have been granted an F1 international student visa and that is because they were able to clearly define their academic objectives and have thoroughly researched their educational plan and were also able to clearly communicate their academic interests to the consulate offices.
The following things will prepare you for your F1 visa interview:
- Know your academic goals (purpose).
- Research our college programs (search the catalogs for your interests).
- Financial support: be sure you have enough funds for college.
- Have a good idea of your future plans beyond college.
- Go to https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/study/student-visa.html and read the instructions as thoroughly as possible.
Establish Contact with Peralta Community Colleges’ Office of International Education:
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office directly at (510) 466-7380 or by email at email@example.com.