Why Study Abroad?
- Improves student learning by integrating knowledge with real life experiences
- Creates a lasting learning experience for everyone
- Promotes the Colleges and their programs on a global level
- Students and faculty develop a greater appreciation for other cultures and become more globally aware
Click here to review our Study Abroad Administrative Procedure
Proposal for Establishing a Study Abroad Program
Proposal_for_Establishing_a_Study_Abroad_Program must be submitted to the Office of International Education after it is signed by your division Dean and Vice President of Instruction. Sample-of-Proposal-Cuba-2014
Proposals need to be approved and submitted to the Office of International Education 1-year prior to trip in order to allow enough time for promotion and success for your trip!
Please review Current Travel Warnings when selecting your country – http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/travel/notices
Waiver Forms (REQUIRED for Students)
All participants must be a PCCD Student and fill out the Waiver Release/Assumption of Risks forms prior to trip – Waiver-Release-AOR (2)
Travel Insurance (REQUIRED for Students)
It is also required that all students purchase Study Abroad travel insurance:
Promoting Your Program
- Announcement Request Form
- Promote the program in own classroom.
- Connect with various student groups on campus (student clubs, student government, student ambassadors).
- Create flyers and brochures. Distribute them to counseling office, library and other available locations on campus.
- Targeted classroom visits.
- Attend campus and committee meetings to disseminate information.
- Work with faculty, administration and staff from other colleges.
- Be creative!
Need Help Designing Your Program?
These third-party providers can assist with logistics in planning your study abroad program.
American Institute for Foreign Study (AIEF) – Lisa Davies (firstname.lastname@example.org)
CAPA Global Education Network – Darren Smith-Gaddis (email@example.com)
CISabroad – Kylie Gallagher (firstname.lastname@example.org)