Program Review Home
Purpose and Goals
The information gathered during the program review process provides the basis for informed decision making in the Peralta Community College District. Comprehensive Instructional Program Review is a systematic process for the collection, analysis, and interpretation of data concerning a program or department and its curriculum. It provides program and/or departmental accountability by collecting, analyzing and disseminating information that will inform integrated planning, resource allocation, and decision-making processes.
The primary goals are to:
- Ensure quality and excellence of academic programs.
- Provide a standardized methodology for review of instructional areas.
- Provide a mechanism for demonstrating continuous quality improvement, producing a foundation for action.
- Identify effective and exemplary practices.
- Strengthen planning and decision-making based upon current data.
- Identify resource needs.
- Develop recommendations and strategies concerning future directions and provide evidence supporting plans for the future, within the department, at the college and at the District level.
- Inform integrated planning at all levels within the College and the District.
- Ensure that educational programs reflect student needs, encourage student success, and improve teaching and learning.