Image: Scenes from around campus

Posts Filed under PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

29 September 2011

Present:   CAO Tony Tortorice, VC Budd, VC Gerhard, VC Ikharo, AVC Lam

1. ANNOUNCEMENTS

  • Smart-classroom Phase 1 is done, Phase 2 getting underway this week. Next thing is to work on stream-video (consulting with faculty on this).
  • VC Ikharo is requesting IT input with all new construction projects. CAO Tortorice will setup meeting with Robert Dias, Linnea Wren and Jon Olkowski.  …more PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Commitee Meeting Minutes

4 August 2011

Present:    CAO Tony Tortorice, VC Budd, VC Gerhard, AVC Lam, AVC Orkin

1. Announcement

None

2. Projects Update

a) Financial Aid

  • On track for integration piece.
  • Will run the entire cycle on August 9 and will have 2 weeks to test.
  • AVC Minh asked for clarification on award letter and students acceptance. The Financial Aid group will meet next Tuesday, August 9 and VC Ng is in charge of giving this piece. …more PeopleSoft Steering Commitee Meeting Minutes

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

21 July 2011

Present:    VC Budd, VC Gerhard, VC Ikharo, VC Ng, AVC Lam

1) Annoucements

Vice Chancellor Ikharo shared memo requesting assistance from IT for the installation/set up of smart-classrooms. He met briefly with CAO Tortorice.

Laney and District IT have agreed to do basic imaging and this is in progress. Vincent Koo from Berkeley City College might be able to assist with the other colleges.

2) Projects Update

a) Financial Aid

  • Building out the integration point between SAFE and PS.
  • Need to pull sample from file received by John Walker
  • Developing scenarios for testing, so priorities can be set up. The group working on priorities will meet next week or early August.
  • Setting up integration point between SAFE and PS for check/debit cards. VC Gerhard commented that in some institutions the check/debit cards come out directly from the bank, eliminating the county. …more PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Executive Projects Log

7 July 2011

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Executive Projects Log (Jul 7, 2011)

Filed under: PeopleSoft Steering Committee, Project Logs

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

7 July 2011

Present: VC Budd, VC Gerhard, VC Ikharo, VC Ng, AVC Lam, CAO Tortorice

1) Discussion

a) Projects Review

AVC shared the Executive Project list and went over some of the updates:

i) Catalog Numbers: AVC Lam go an update from the company regarding migration. They will contact Sheryl Queen to validate data.

ii) Library: This project is in the implementation stages. IT will house the server and Linnea Wren is the IT contact. Evelyn Lord has been working with consultant doing data migration from Horizon to Millennium. Gopaal is working on data extraction (Student and Employees information).

iii) Student Records: Waiting on accounts to be corrected to do drops. VC Gerhard mentioned that 1,000 records have been cleaned and there are about 20 to 30 more records that need to be cleaned. VC Gerhard would like to know if there is a way to identified student records prior to enrollment. Ram is in the process of identifying other records and AVC Lam will an update at the next meeting.

iv) Credit Card: Format has been established.

v) Grade Books: Ram completed specifications and document is ready for revision. AVC Lam shared the document with the group. He will also email a copy to all the VCs. …more PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

Functional Specifications for Grade Book Application

6 July 2011

Functional Specifications for Grade Book Application (Jul 6, 2011)

Filed under: Admissions and Records Functionality Team, Instructional Faculty Functionality Team, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

23 June 2011

Present: VC Budd, VC Ng, VC Gerhard, AVC Lam, DES Hale

1. Announcements

a) DES Hale will be departing Peralta, effective June 28th, 2011.  The recurring meeting for the steering committee must be shifted to another calendar.  AVC Lam will ensure the setup.

2. Discussion

a. Review Minutes

i. In the course of reviewing the minutes, VC Gerhard noted VC Budd’s earlier suggestion for an IT Network Steering Committee to complement the PS Steering Committee.  He sought to define what delineates the current lines of responsibility between the district and colleges.  In essence, these distinctions cannot be succinctly articulated.  However, AVC Lam noted that the ENG meeting, recently resurrected, represents an effort to collaborate more regularly with the college network coordinators.  VC Ng noted that there seems to be a need for a Steering Committee to offer support to the ENG efforts, much as the PBI structure offers support to administrative and academic groups. …more PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Agenda

23 June 2011

 1. Review Current Priorities, as articulated during the last meeting

i. VC Ng

1. Tuition Calculation

2. Roll Book

3. Check Card-Related Development

ii. VC Ikharo

1. Classroom Scheduling Software

iii. VC Gerhard

1. Tuition Calculation

2. Safe-to-GL

3. ProRata (Pay for Part-Time, Temporary Employees)

iv. VC Budd

1. SafeWeb project as a whole

2. Degree Audit

3. Library Project Support

4. Notification of imminent roster dates

2. Establish new priorities based on current progress and state of the IT Department

Filed under: Meeting Agenda, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

26 May 2011

Present: VC Budd, VC Ikharo, VC Ng, VC Gerhard, AVC Lam, DES Hale

  1. Announcements
    1. IT reiterated the importance of the committee and its role in focusing the efforts of IT on the many tasks before us.  Moreover, since functional support is part of every project, it is important for the VCs to be on the same page with respect to projects so that the labor requirements can be aligned across the district.
    2. VC Budd recommended that we should institute a steering committee for network IT projects to complement the PeopleSoft projects committee. …more PeopleSoft Steering Committee Meeting Minutes

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Steering Committee

  • Peralta Community College District

    The district comprises four campuses serving northern Alameda County.
  • Oakland Weather

  •