Risk Management Home
Office of Risk Management
The Office of Risk Management provides important information to Peralta Community College District administration, faculty, staff and students through its website.
The Risk Manager is responsible for the following:
- Develops and implements the organization’s risk management program in a manner that fulfills the mission and strategic goals of the organization while complying with state and federal laws and accreditation standards related to safety and risk management;
- Procures and maintains liability, property and other appropriate insurance and self insured programs;
- Develops and implements systems, policies and procedures for the identification, collection and analysis-of-risk related information;
- Educates and trains the leadership, staff and business associates as to the risk management program, and their respective responsibilities in carrying out the risk management program;
- Leads, facilitates, and advises departments in designing risk management programs within their own departments;
- Collects, evaluates, and maintains data concerning patient injuries, claims, worker’s compensation, and other risk-related data;
- Investigates and analyzes root causes, patterns, or trends that could result in compensatory or sentinel events;
- Helps to identify and implement corrective action where appropriate;
- Serves as the organization’s liaison to the insurance carrier;
- Assists in processing summons and claims against the facility by working with the General Counsel to coordinate the investigation, processing, and defense of claims against the organization; and
- Actively participates in or facilitates committees related to risk management, safety, and quality improvement.