Image: Scenes from around campus

College Credit for Advanced Placement (AP) Tests, International Baccalaureate (IB), and the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)

15 January 2015

General Guidelines

In order to receive credit for either AP, IB, or CLEP:

  • You must be enrolled in the Peralta Community College District to apply for such credit;
  • You are not required to have completed any specific number of units in the Peralta Community College District prior to applying for such credit;
  • You may use units earned through any of these exams to meet Certificate (AP only) and Associate Degree requirements (to see the unit values awarded by the Peralta District for any of these exams, please see the charts that follow each section);
  • You may not use units from these exams to satisfy financial aid, veterans, or EOPS eligibility criteria;
  • You may not use units from these exams to satisfy the 12-unit residency requirement at any of the Peralta Community College District’s four colleges; and
  • If you have earned credit from an AP exam, you should not enroll in a comparable college course because credit will not be granted for both the exam and the course.


Petition for Advanced Placement (AP) Examination Credit

Petition for International Baccalaureate (IB) Examination Credit

Petition for College-Level Examination Program (CLEP) Credit



Filed under: Admissions & Records Forms

  • Admissions & Records

    Monday 24 January 2022
    Powered by Wordpress

  • Since 1964, the Peralta Community College District - comprised of Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Laney College and Merritt College - has served the cities of Alameda, Albany, Berkeley, Emeryville, Oakland and Piedmont by providing 25,000 students each semester with a range of educational programs and life-long learning opportunities.