2020-11-24T12:54:18-07:00
Image: Scenes from around campus

A holiday message from Chancellor Walter

24 November 2020

We are living in unprecedented times, during which your health and the health of your family, friends, and community all depend on our collective actions. Health experts have warned us to not have family over this Thanksgiving and during the December holiday season. I know not being able to be with one’s family, to hang with friends, to unburden oneself in the company of others, can make this season feel unusually difficult.
I strongly encourage you to follow the health officials’ advice. I hope you can find solace and joy by visiting over the phone or online. Or, even the very, very old-fashioned method of yester years: Write a thoughtful letter to those you know and love. I am sure they will treasure getting an old-fashioned piece of snail mail from someone they love. Most important is to remember gratitude.

Personally, I plan to stay at my home this Thanksgiving. I am going to try my hand at making some new dishes, —along with my world-famous sweet potato pie!

I hope you try some new dishes, new treats, learn something new, and read new things during this cocooning time. I know this is not going to be normal Thanksgiving season, but we have much to be grateful for. I am so grateful for the opportunity to work with you: the amazing faculty, classified professionals, and administrators who have dedicated our lives in the service of students at the Peralta colleges.

In the meantime, we keep on making it happen at the Peralta Colleges, pressing forward, realizing our dreams.

Be well, 

Dr. Carla Walter

Interim Chancellor

Filed under: Uncategorized

• Peralta Colleges

Saturday 17 April 2021
    Powered by Wordpress

• Peralta Community College District is comprised of Berkeley City College, College of Alameda, Laney College, and Merritt College. Together they provide northern Alameda County a range of educational programs and life-long learning opportunities.
  • Peralta Colleges on Facebook Peralta Colleges on Twitter Peralta Colleges on YouTube Peralta Colleges on Instagram Peralta Colleges on Linkedin

•