Peralta Colleges

Office of International Education


Please navigate using the links below to learn about Academics, Class Schedules and Catalogs, and Student Education Plans.

Academic Programs at the Colleges

Berkeley City College

Click above to visit BCC's Degree Programs

College of Alameda

Click above to visit COA's Degree Programs

Laney College

Click to above visit Laney's Degree Programs

Merritt College

Click to above visit Merritt's Degree Programs

Class Schedules & Catalogs

Class Schedule

Click above to visit PCCD's Class Schedules for:
BCC, COA, Laney, and Merritt Colleges

College Catalogs

Click above to visit PCCD's College Catalogs for:
BCC, COA, Laney, and Merritt Colleges

Student Education Plans (SEP)'s

An SEP outlines the specific courses a student should enroll in each semester in order to meet their educational goal. Your goal may to complete an AA/AS program or transfer (AA-T or AS-T) to a university (or both). An SEP details exactly what you need to do.

Besides being required, there are many benefits to completing an SEP

  1. SEP’s provide students with specific requirements for their major/transfer work and gives them an exact time-frame for graduation.
  2. When applying for a visa renewal SEP’s show the US Embassy that you have a program, a study plan, and the specific courses remaining to complete your program.
  3. When your I-20 is going to expire, SEP’s are helpful for our F-1 advisors who use them to extend your program.

Certain requirements for universities vary by major and school. Counselors will ensure you take the classes that are needed to transfer and help avoid spending extra time and money.  Also, counselors will map your plan so you can finish your program in a reasonable amount of time.

Students are surprised to learn how many classes are required and how many units they should take each semester to graduate in 2 years.

You would follow your plan each semester and choose the classes mapped out. If you change your mind about school/major, then you can meet with a counselor and update it.

You can meet with a counselor on campus or with an International Student Counselor at the Oakland Office. If you are looking to make an appointment with our International Student Academic Counselor, please visit our Student Education Plan (SEP) Office Hours and call us at (510) 466-7380 to make an appointment.