Refund Policy (Classes)
For specific dates, please visit web.peralta.edu/business/student-financials and search for your semester’s Refund Drop Deadline Schedule. (Note: Look to the left-hand navigation column and click on the semester you wish to find the refund schedule for. This includes the refund dates for regular session courses and short/late start courses.)
Please refer to the current Class Schedule for the specific dates or changes to the Refund Policy for Non-Residents. You may find the current class schedule.
IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DROP CLASSES!
Refund Procedure for Enrollment Fees
- A student who cancels his/her registration prior to the first day of instruction, or officially withdraws from all classes during the first two weeks of instruction, shall be entitled to a full refund less a $10 processing fee. (This must be done whether you attend the class or not.)
- A student who officially completes a change of program during the first two weeks of instruction, and as a result reduces the number of units in which he/she is enrolled, is entitled to a refund of the change places that student in a different Enrollment Fee category. Such a student shall not be subject to the processing fee.
- If a student pays an Enrollment Fee of less than $10, and cancels his/her registration or withdraws from all classes before the deadline, the processing fee shall equal the Enrollment Fee. No refund of the Enrollment Fee will be made to any student who withdraws from classes after the first two weeks of instruction.
- A student may request a refund up to the end of the following term in which the refund was due. After that time, the student will not be eligible for the refund.
Refund Procedure for Non-Resident Tuition and Capital Outlay Fee
- Students will receive a full refund for any class cancelled by the college.
Regular Session Classes:
- A 100% refund of Nonresident Tuition and Capital Outlay Fee (minus a $10 processing fee) will be made for any class in which the student withdraws through the Last Day to Drop Regular Session Classes And Receive a Refund.
Refund Procedure for Short-Term, Late Start and Open-Entry/Open-Exit Classes
- A student enrolled in a short-term class will receive a 100% refund (minus a $10 processing fee for residents) if he/she officially withdraws within 10% of the class length. No refunds will be issued after 10% of the class length.
Refund Procedure for Variable Unit Classes
- No refund shall be made for variable units not earned by the student.
- The State-mandated enrollment fees will be fully refunded if an action of the college (e.g. class cancellation) prevents a student from attending class. A student may, upon request, obtain a refund up to the end of the following term in which the refund was due. After that time the student will not be eligible for the refund.
Please note: Instructors may drop students who do not attend the first class meeting.
Refund Procedures for AC Transit EasyPass
- This fee is non-refundable unless you drop below 9 units on or before the last day to drop regular session classes and receive a refund.
Refund Procedures for Health Fee
- This fee is non-refundable unless all classes are dropped on or before the last day to drop regular session classes and receive a refund.