*After you click on the Register Here link, it contains information about the 8-day / 7-night trip.
- Locations: Berlin, Germany
- College: College of Alameda
- Course: Art 1 – Intro to Art History (Course #TBD)
- Instructor: Maria Guzman
- Term: Summer 2022
- Units: 3
- Acceptable for credit: UC, CSU
- Dates: Regular Summer Session (online, College of Alameda), July 21-29, 2022 (Travel)
- Additional Expenses: Passport (if you do not have one already), and enrollment fees for Art 1 (3 units).
- Syllabus: Art 1 Syllabus (pdf) – Please use this as a reference for a short-term Art 1 course. The summer 2022 syllabus may have additional updates/changes and will be distributed to enrolled students.
- Course Duration: It is anticipated that Art 1 will be 4 weeks long total. The Study Abroad trip is about one week in length. Students are welcome to stay longer or arrive earlier if they want to visit other places nearby.
- Questions? If you have questions about the associated Art History course (ART 1: Introduction to Art History), please reach out to Maria Guzman at email@example.com
In addition to completing the Pre-Travel Study Abroad Information Form, students will need to read, sign and submit the following documents in order to be accepted to the program:
Assumption of Risks
Waiver and Release Agreement
Standards of Student Conduct
Apply to the college and obtain a Student ID (if you do not have one already)
Submit a completed and signed Add Card (It is okay to leave the course code blank if you do not know it)
Submit copy of passport (Or ID if you do not have one)
High School Students (High School Special Enrollment form)
AFTER SUBMITTING DEPOSIT, PLEASE EMAIL ALL FORMS TO STUDYABROAD@PERALTA.EDU
Please contact Constance Koo at the Office of International Education if you’d like to learn more about this Study Abroad program or have questions about any forms. Her email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drew Gephart will return the first week of January and can be reached at email@example.com.
Prior to departure, each student will need to also:
- Apply for a Passport (if you do not have one already) or Renew Passport (if not valid for at least 6 months from time of travel)
- Make program payments by deadlines
- Pay for course in Student Center
- Attend mandatory pre-departure orientations (Dates TBD)
- Register with the US Department of Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- Obtain proper immunizations as listed on CDC website and check with your physician
CONTACT INFORMATION: Maria Guzman (firstname.lastname@example.org) / 510-393-3590
Maria Guzman has been teaching at the Peralta colleges since 2015. She teaches both Art History and Studio Art courses (Painting and Drawing). In addition, she has created OER/ZTC courses during her career as an educator at California community colleges. Maria’s educational background includes a B.F.A. and a B.A. (Art History) from Washburn University (Topeka, KS), and an M.A. in Art History from Ohio University (Athens, OH).