Peralta Colleges

Office of International Education

OIE’s Transfer Services Page


Please find the link to UC Berkeley Summer Sessions updated deadlines/schedule here:



Click here for Fall 2016 Pathways Adviser Hours

pathways_peralta-final_page_1 pathways_peralta-final_page_2-1

As part of the Pathways to Four-Year Universities (Pathways) program, international students are eligible to enroll in UC Berkeley Summer Sessions classes prior to enrolling at PCCD in order to take key prerequisites, ESL classes, or gateway courses to your major. Courses will be reflected on an official UC Berkeley transcript and may satisfy credit at PCCD or another four-year university or college. Current PCCD students are eligible to enroll in Summer Sessions with UC Berkeley as well.

Please notify our office that you would like to attend UC Berkeley Summer Sessions classes prior to enrolling at PCCD by filling out our Pathways Application Form. In order to submit the completed application, you must first SAVE the file to your computer prior to filling it out. Once completed, save the file again and email it to

As part of the program students will also receive additional advising at your PCCD campus by advisers from UC Berkeley’s Center for Educational Partnerships to create an educational plan in preparation for applying to UC Berkeley or another four-year University once you are finished at PCCD. The Pathways to Four-Year Universities Program provides support and resources to PCCD students who intend to transfer to UC Berkeley or another four-year university or college. Plan to meet with Community College Transfer Center Coordinator, Leilt Habte. You may also contact her directly at

More information can be found at

There are 5 Sessions offered by UC Berkeley for Summer Sessions to choose from:

Session A (6 week) (5 units minimum)
Session B (10 week) (8 units minimum)
Session C (8 week) (6 units minimum)
Session D (6 week)6 (5 units minimum) – RECOMMENDED
Session E (3 week) (3 units minimum) – RECOMMENDED

Please find the link to our updated deadlines/schedule here:


Before You Register

  • Research the Summer courses you would like to take from the Online Schedule of Classes. Please note the Course Control Number (CCN; 5-digit number associated with each course) for the courses of your choice.

It is recommended students enroll in the basic math and science courses (usually the survey courses that are numbered 1A, 1B, 1, or 10). These classes are usually all transferable to any of the UC’s since they are considered basic General Education courses. All classes taken at UC Berkeley will transfer to UC Berkeley. The basic survey courses are the only ones that would transfer to all the UC’s, which is why these are recommended. UC Berkeley Summer Sessions also offers ESL Courses which can be found here: List of ESL Courses

International Fees are as follows:

International students – $480 per unit

Summer 2016 Enrollment Fee – $335

Document Management Fee $54 one-time, non-refundable

International Service Fee $300

Students who enroll exclusively in the English as a Second Language (ESL) courses are exempt from the English Proficiency Requirement. See the List of ESL Courses.

Session A: May 23 – July 1, 2016 (5 units minimum)
Session B: June 6 – August 12, 2016 (8 units minimum)
Session C: June 20 – August 12, 2016 (6 units minimum)
Session D: July 5 – August 12, 2016 (5 units minimum) – RECOMMENDED
Session E: July 25 – August 12, 2016 (3 units minimum) – RECOMMENDED

  • Please note that changing your class schedule after your I-20 has been issued may invalidate your I-20. You will not be able to enter the US if the start-date on your I-20 does not match your Summer Session start-date. Contact UC Berkeley Summer Sessions before making any changes to your schedule.

After You Register

  • Once you are registered, you will receive your UC Berkeley student ID number (SID) and personal identification number (PIN). This information is emailed to you, password protected, to the email address you provided on your application. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive the email within a week.
  • Create CalNet ID and establish passphrase. (Click here to create a CalNet ID)
  • Log in to MySummer to upload the English proficiency exam score, along with the required documents for a Certificate of Eligibility if you requested it on the application.
  • Receive your Certificate of Eligibility (I-20 or DS-2019) document.
  • Pay your SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor Information System) Fee on the SEVIS fee processing website.
  • Make an appointment with a US Embassy or Consulate in your area to apply for an F-1 Visa.

Where is your I-20? The I-20 Production Process Chart is a helpful tool to see the entire process and the next steps to take.

Before You Arrive at UC Berkeley

After You Arrive at UC Berkeley

Before You Leave UC Berkeley

  • Confirm the grading option for your courses.
  • Log in to Bear Facts and confirm any outstanding balance or available refund.
  • Visit the Berkeley International Office in order to transfer your I-20 to attend our colleges in Fall 2016!

Apply to the Peralta Community College District for the Fall semester by August 1st – Apply Here!

Pathways Flowchart

Cal Student ID Card