Image: Scenes from around campus

PeopleSoft Resolution Team Meeting Minutes

24 October 2011

Chair:  Tony Tortorice

Present:  Ram Anumula, Dominique Benavides, David Betts, Joseph Bielanski, Joyce Brown-Willis, Gopaal Chandrasevkaran, Karen Croley, Eric Gravenberg, Minh Lam, Kyu Lee, Gary Nicholes, Mike Orkin, Jo Ann Phillips, Karolyn van Putten, Sheryl Queen, Connie Willis

 

Agenda Item and Presenter(s)

Discussion

Follow-up Action

Decisions

 

Meeting Called to Order:

3:10 pm

 

 

I. Update on PeopleSoft Projects

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a) Financial Aid/SAFE-Web

  • ESI met with the Chancellor and informed him they could not do the job for the price quoted. They will continue to support FA thru 2012-13 academic year. Current FA process will continue as they are right now.
  • The Chancellor has asked for an evaluation of the PeopleSoft Financial Aid module. CAO Tony Tortorice has had two phone conferences with Oracle. In the next couple of weeks he will get a report from Oracle. Judy Cohen has been involved in the meetings.

b) Time and Labor Distribution

  • Based on the RFQ there is a prefer vendor for this project, but no one has been formally selected.
  • This is driven by PERS and need to make sure accurate reports are submitted to the state.

c) Pro Rata Pay for Adjunct Faculty

  • This project is almost complete. Knowledge transfer meetings are taking place between the consultants and the support staff. There will still be errors that will need to be corrected on an ongoing basis.

 d) Academic Advisement

  • Educational Services has been working with a consultant. Right now this is available for counselors, but not sure if it is being used.
  • Training was done at all the colleges. Hoping to roll out for students in Spring 2012. Admissions and Records is using it right now.

 e) Adjunct Step Increase

  • No Report.

 f) MIS Reporting

  • There are some changes required by the state. Gopaal and Jo Ann are still working on this.

 g) Asset Management

  • This is primarily for finance accounting modules. A firm already come in to do inventory and tags. Kyu is fully trained on this.

 h) PeopleSoft Datawarehouse for Financials

  • The district owns a lot of PeopleSoft modules. Educational Services is using OBI very effectively for student data. The district also owns licenses for finance and human resources datawarehouses. Since we already own reporting tools, it will be easy to roll out.
  • CAO Tortorice has talked to Oracle on how to implement them and he is doing research on cost.

i) Electronic Workflow for Budget Transfer

  • There is an interest to implement PeopleSoft workflow for budget transfers, Personnel Action Forms, Leave Forms, etc.

 j) Electronic Personnel Action Forms

  • After absence management is done, this project can be move to a higher priority. Human Resources might need some outside help.

k) Document Management System

  • Chancellor has asked to look into this. There is interest from academic advisement, general services, and contract management.
  • Important thing is that instead of purchasing different scanning machines, we can purchase one platform that can be used in different ways.
  • Joyce would like to be part of the working group for this.

 l) Implement Schedule 25 Software Package

  • There have been presentations by 3 vendors.

 

 

 

 

II. Report out from Committees

 

a) Human Resources – Betts

  • Close to completion of automated adjunct step increase. Hoping that PS 9.1 will be implemented soon.

 b) Student Finance – Benavides

  • Dominique has been working with Ram on billing SQR so students can be billed every month. Need to work on collections. Peralta does not have a collections department and bursars are already overloaded.

 c) Student Services – Gravenberg

  • Right now the key issue is to manage student expectations regarding Financial Aid checks. Need to work on communication plan. VP Gravenberg suggests a meeting with Gary Nicholes and Tony to talk about roll out.
  • Dominique and Minh are working on how to feed data from Financial Aid into the general ledger. They will be testing again after the auditors are done.

 

 

 

IV. Other

 

  • There was discussion about the status of items in the previous PRT issues log. One of the issues on that list is COMPASS scores loading, which is being done manually.
  • CAO Tortorice explained the for IT prioritization, issues need to be brought up by the Vice Chancellors through the PRT Steering Committee. IT needs for work to come in a way that can be assigned to the staff. IT is not setting priorities, but figuring out how long it would take for staff to work on each project. Priorities need to be set at weekly meetings.
  • This is the group that did prioritization and got a lot of participation from different areas. Need to address the fact that prioritization has been move to another group. 
  • CAO Tortorice will talk to the Vice Chancellors. VP Gravenberg will email information about PRT to CAO Tortorice.
  • Need to keep in mind that IT does not have the bandwidth that it should have. Everyone should be aware of this.
  • IT is waiting for Human Resources to complete their job description and salary study in order to recruit for the vacant positions. HR has been interviewing IT staff and their deadline for completing this study is next week.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Adjournment:

4:30p

 

 

Next meeting:

Tuesday, November 28, 2011, 3:00 pm – 5:00pm

District Office Board Room

 

 

 

Handouts: Top Ten List

Filed under: Meeting Minutes, PeopleSoft Resolution Team

  • Peralta Community College District

    The District comprises four colleges serving northern Alameda County.
  •